Workforce Readiness—Research References:
- Bausmith, J. M., & Barry, C. (2011). Revisiting Professional Learning Communities to Increase College Readiness The Importance of Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Educational Researcher, 40(4), 175–178. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X11409927
- Career Readiness Credential: Assessing and Improving Workforce Skills to Meet the Needs of Employers in the Information Age – ProQuest. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://search.proquest.com/openview/c5d43d24d56748e735f3875d7d6cb771/1?pq-origsite=gscholar
- Casner-Lotto, J., & Barrington, L. (2006). Are They Really Ready to Work? Employers’ Perspectives on the Basic Knowledge and Applied Skills of New Entrants to the 21st Century U.S. Workforce. Partnership for 21st Century Skills. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED519465
- Handel, M. J. (2003). Skills Mismatch in the Labor Market. Annual Review of Sociology, 29, 135–165.
- Hyslop, A. (2008). CTE’s Role in Workforce Readiness Credentialing. Techniques: Connecting Education and Careers (J1), 83(6), 40–43.
- Lent, R. W., & Worthington, R. L. (1999). Applying Career Development Theories to the School-to-Work Transition Process. The Career Development Quarterly, 47(4), 291–296. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1999.tb00738.x
- McLester, S., & McIntire, T. (2006). The Workforce Readiness Crisis: We’re Not Turning out Employable Graduates nor Maintaining Our Position as a Global Competitor–Why? Technology & Learning, 27(4), 22.
- McNamara, B. R. (2009). The Skill Gap: Will the Future Workplace Become an Abyss. Techniques: Connecting Education and Careers (J1), 84(5), 24–27.
- O’Neil, H. F. (2014). Workforce Readiness: Competencies and Assessment. Psychology Press.
- Olson, L. (2006). Skills for Work, College Readiness Are Found Comparable. Education Week, 25(36).
- Readiness for the learning economy: insights from OECD’s Survey of Adult Skills on workforce readiness and preparation | VOCEDplus, the international tertiary education and research database. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://www.voced.edu.au/content/ngv:62624
- Richard Zinser. (2003). Developing career and employability skills: a US case study. Education + Training, 45(7), 402–410. https://doi.org/10.1108/00400910310499974
- Solberg, V. S., Phelps, L. A., Haakenson, K. A., Durham, J. F., & Timmons, J. (2012). The Nature and Use of Individualized Learning Plans as a Promising Career Intervention Strategy. Journal of Career Development, 39(6), 500–514.
- The ill-prepared US workforce: exploring the challenges of employer-provided workforce readiness training | VOCEDplus, the international tertiary education and research database. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://www.voced.edu.au/content/ngv:71839
(n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://www.face.edu/cms/lib04/CA01000848/Centricity/Domain/189/employability-skills.pdfWor